Nike has been one of the top sports goodies manufacturers for several years now. Almost every year they add something unique and appealing to their huge sports apparel collection; be it shorts, t-shirt or shoes. Their sports sneakers collection, however, is considered one of the best. In the year 2017, Nike came up with exquisite Hyperdunk FlyKnit Basketball Shoes which happen to be one of the most anticipated basketball sneakers of that year. Let’s dive in into the Nike Hyperdunk 2017 Review.
If you are a basketball lover and always on the lookout for best sports sneaker, you should lay your eyes on this stylish pair because being one of the best brands Nike never compromises with the quality of their product and there has been no exception in case of this one. This sneaker is considered even better than their 2015 Hyperdunk model in terms of performance, longevity, and versatility. Comfort level is so supreme that you might not even feel you are wearing something. In a nutshell, these sneakers are all you need to spice up your next basketball match. So why don’t you make haste and grab yours?
Nike Hyperdunk 2017 Review: The Features
Like every other product of Nike, this Hyperdunk 2017 model offers some of the best features you can ever get in a basketball shoe. It comes with the best material, cushion, traction and support to make you hover like your favorite player on the court. The flyknit on the upper has to be the best feature which provides all the comfort you need while playing.
It also includes suede tongue to give you soft mushy feel around the feet. Another unique feature is the TPU string adds depth to the comfort level. The react cushioning pattern is lightweight and super responsive. It is perfect for impact protection, therefore, there is less possibility of ankle-twisting or toe dragging. It also ensures the perfect balance during the game.
This unique model has a comfortable midsole and translucent outsole with cool pressure-mapped traction that would give you the ultimate grip on the court. You don’t have to worry about dusty or slippery court anymore because the traction provides the best support you need to survive like a pro.
It doesn’t even require wiping off the dust every now and then. It adjusts perfectly even if you have wider feet due to its extra-wide base. And speaking of style; this 2017 Hyperdunk Shoes undoubtedly gives you the debonair classy look with black stitched swooshes and cool vibrant colorways. To sum it up, you can rock the game like a champ with these on. Moreover, if you are looking for the best basketball shoes for wide feet, you might like to read this article.
Since basketball is mostly popular among youth and teens, Nike Hyperdunk 2017 targets their users accordingly. However, to be precise the users generally include people aged from 22 to 30. Besides, it has garnered ample attention from high school students in North America since American teens have been always keen about basketball. Not to mention, this footwear is also a good choice for casual wear and other exercises; hence it’s a pretty big deal among the youths.
The Main Benefits
You ought to ponder over the benefits of a product before you decide to buy it. So before you get your hand on the Nike Hyperdunk 2017 Flyknit. You need to check out the benefits it has to offer for you.
- As the upper is made of Flyknit, it feels surreally comfortable on your feet which is a staple need while playing basketball.
- The shoe provides ample room for your feet to breathe yet fits super well. The flywire, nylon yarn supporting strategic areas, soft tongue and padded ankle collar adjusts to the perfection without causing any hindrance to your feet.
- The pressure-mapped traction is a game-changer because of the smooth movement it provides on the court. It creates a supportive base for you and as a result, you can play with ease on dusty/semi-dusty court without having to dust it off again and again.
- The flyknit, internal heel counter and ankle pillows are the sources of support and stability. It also perfects your balance.
- If you are a passive player, the react cushion technology is best for you due to its responsiveness. The impact protection pattern minimizes the possibility of getting hurt while playing. It also feels light like a summer breeze on your feet which is a plus. Another great thing about the react cushioning is that it provides mushiness and elasticity which makes it perfect for summer.
- Apart from good performance, looking stylish and confident on the court is also inevitable. Keeping that in mind, Nike gave these sneakers cool and colorful look for your convenience. It has got Nike’s signature mark inscribed on one side and available in various colors.
Compared to most of the basketball sneakers in the market, this model of Nike is a bit pricey which is legit since it belongs to Nikes. Although the price has dropped ever since its release in 2017, still the price revolves around mid to high category. You can get the sneakers in the shopping mall, the however best place to buy this one would be amazon. The delivery is comparatively fast and service is pretty smooth.
The Pros and Cons
Before you bag up a product, you have to determine its downside as well as its benefits. List of pros and cons of a particular product helps you decide whether to go for it. Nike Hyperdunk 2017 Flyknit might be the recent hype for basketball lovers, but it has its fair share of drawbacks you need to check.
- Comfortable at its best.
- Supportive and breathable.
- Fits very well. Almost gives a sock-lit fit.
- True to size.
- Traction is similar to that one of Kobe IX. It collects a very little amount of dust.
- Great impact protection.
- Lightweight and responsive.
- Guarantees stability and durability.
- Easy to put on and take off.
- Doesn’t feel tippy at the heel. Very safe.
- Ample room in the forefoot section.
- No issues with containment.
- Needs time to break-in.
- The lacing system is mediocre.
- Runs smaller than expected.
- Not recommended for outdoor.
- The react foam feels a little stiff.
Nike Hyperdunk 2017 Review: User’s Opinion
As much as the users and experts raved about the flyknit upper and traction of Nike Men’s Hyperdunk 2017 Flyknit basketball shoes, some critics aren’t so thrilled about the react cushioning pattern the shoe has; although the cushioning has come a long way after going through multiple iteration and twists. However, based on the opinions of the reviewers we can come up with two category- i) Positive reviews ii) Negative reviews.
- Many reviewers said the shoe is fast and it is one of the top performers of 2017.
- Nike decided to use Flyknit on the upper because testers were super satisfied with the comfort level of it. They were kind of disappointed when Nike didn’t feature Flyknit to the tenth-anniversary model of the Nike Hyperdunk line.
- A couple of users seemed totally okay with the react cushioning because of its lightness and responsiveness.
- According to them, it saves a lot of time and energy.
- Some users praised its decent impact protection. They said it gives a great court feel.
- Many testers said it has good traction, comfortable material, and solid lockdown.
- Some people said it feels almost like Kobe IX.
- Some of the reviewers found it super soft and breezy.
- Reviewers are extremely satisfied with the support it provides around the ankle.
- Testers confirmed this shoe fits perfectly.
- Many users rated it high in terms of satisfaction.
- Reviewers were happy with its ultra-stylish look. They said it boosts their confidence both on and off the court.
- Users said it helps you stick to the court all day long.
- Some reviewers seemed disgruntled because the shoe needs time to break in.
- Many users complained that the shoe is not for outdoor use.
- Some users didn’t like the react cushioning technology since it’s not bouncy.
- A couple of testers said it runs narrower than they expected. Hence it’s not a good option for wide footers.
- Few users complained the shoe feels a bit clunky and lands hard.
- A couple of reviewers think this shoe causes too much lateral movement.
- Some complained that the material feels loose and stretchy.
Nike Hyperdunk 2017 Flyknit is one of the most successful editions of the Hyperdunk models. It has a few unavoidable snags; nevertheless, it has some of the most unique features that justify the high price. Moreover, Nike furthered this edition than that of 2015 version which lacked so many important features a good pair of basketball shoes needs to have. The Flyknit upper, amazing traction and react cushioning complement the chic stylish look. It does not only provide great comfort and support but helps improve your performance on the court. Thereincreases the fun and amusement tenfold. It guarantees your safety and jazzes up your confidence. So if you wish to excel at the court with groove and fun, this can be your go-to.