The fun of playing basketball can increase tenfold if you have the right outfit for it. It does not only amp up your look but also helps boost up your energy level and confidence. And certainly, the perfect outfit is incomplete without the right pair of shoes. As much as there is a wide range of shoe collection for athletes and sports freaks, the problem arises when you have feet wider than the usual.
Having wide feet but settling for shoes which are actually made for narrow feet can actually be a nightmare because it is smothering and super uncomfortable. It also affects your performance while playing because of the difficulty of movement. However, footwear brands have taken this issue into consideration and focused on making some best Basketball Shoes For Wide Feet footwear for people with wider feet.
So brush aside the fear if you have got wider feet because footwear market is offering you collection of shoes in broader range to help you enjoy basketball with ease. These shoes come with great features including arch and ankle support, ample space for toes, stability control, anti-slip soles and great fit. These will change your comfort game. Comfort is not the only the thing in these offers; these are aesthetically stylish and durable and complete the suave sporty look you want. Sportswear brands recently introduced several types of footwear for wide feet but some of them are so good and comfortable you might want to grab it at once for your next match.
Adidas Men’s Crazy Explosive 2017 Basketball Shoe
Adidas indubitably is one of the most prominent sportswear brands which has been producing goodies for all the sports enthusiasts out there since forever. The top-notch quality they promise and deliver is the reason they have garnered oodles of attention over the past few years.
However, very recently they have come up with the ultimate footwear that quashes the tension of people with wide feet- Adidas Men’s Crazy Explosive 2017 Basketball Shoe. This latest edition is all about comfort and style. It comes with high-quality traction and impeccable boost cushioning that will protect you from impact.
These style-packed shoes are made of thermoplastic polyurethane which helps reduce the pressure and allows better shock absorption. It features a shaft that provides low top from the arch and meshes Primteknit upper portion. The high-top construction provides enough support for your ankle. It has different colorways to help you choose your desired one. This explosive basketball shoe is all you need to power through in your next basketball game. It makes the movement in the court easier and jazzes up the game. If you are looking for the best basketball shoes for wide feet, it will definitely grab your attention for sure.
- Comes with step-in comfort.
- Super cool anatomical lace system covers entire foot and alleviates pressure.
- Rubber sole promises durable traction and staves off stumbling on the court.
- Super breathable material is perfect for wide feet.
- Prevents over-sweating.
- Primeknit upper part provides stability and durability.
- Great traction system makes it perfect for both indoor and outdoor games.
- Fits true to size.
- The upper part is stiff which might result in hurting your ankle.
- The traction might fall out after several rough plays.
- Some user complained it feels heavy and bulky.
Under Armour Men’s Jet 2017 Basketball Shoe
Recently American footwear manufacturer Under Armour drops in their new Men’s Jet 2017 Basketball Show to get you moving through the court like a champion. You don’t have to sulk about having wide feet anymore because this latest model comes to your rescue with unlimited support and comfort.
The material is a blend of 100% leather, textile, synthetic, ethylene-vinyl acetate and rubber which spreads out optimal support on the entire feet. This comes with a rubber sole and improved cushioning around the ankle collar. It weighs 12.02 oz and includes updated herringbone traction design which will help you maintain balance on the slippery court. This unique basketball shoe comes with extra leather on toecap which constricts the possibility of toe drag. It also offers ventilated mesh midfoot panel and Die-cut EVA sock liner for the underfoot. You can choose from the 5 cool colors- black with a black sole, black with a white sole, and white, grey and blue.
- Super comfortable and lightweight.
- Extra leather on the toecap prevents possible injuries.
- Cushioning around the ankle is the ultimate source of aggregating control and ample support.
- Traction helps sudden movement. You can easily wipe off the dust from the traction.
- Die-cut Eva Sockliner offers underfoot support.
- Stylish and colorful.
- Also can be used for running, cycling, hiking and trekking.
- Due to hard material, these shoes might need some time to break-in.
- Forefoot area doesn’t provide enough room.
- Ankle area feels a bit stiff.
- Might split after using it a couple of times.
Adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe
Your favorite Adidas dazzles you with their another edition Adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe. It’s an amalgamation of textile and synthetic with a full-grain leather upper design. Super comfortable and soft cushioning with cloudfoam sock liner, mid-top from the arch, cool 3-stripes logo at the side; this shoe is a game-changer.
The unique ventilation system on the front and the sides makes it wearable all day. Users are super satisfied with its traction and construction since it helps them move with ease and style. It comes in various width and color. Adidas has added some more features to this like air mesh tongue, collar and rear quarter. In a nutshell, these stylish yet comfortable shoes can give you feel like your favorite basketball superstar in the court.
- The material speaks for breathability and comfort.
- Lightweight gives great service if you need to wear it for a long day.
- The laced-up construction helps your feet stay locked and supported.
- Can be used for casual wear.
- Some users praised it because of the nice bounce it gives.
- Very reasonable price., great fit.
- Perfect ventilation system adds depth.
- Cool colorways.
- The outsole might come off after rough use.
- Squeaks when you walk.
- Forefoot area might feel a bit compressing while walking.
- Lace quality is not up to the mark.
Under Armour ClutchFit Drive 3
Under Armour’s Dive 3 basketball shoes with clutch fit technology just arrived at the market to ward off your wide feel problem. If you feel like shooting some hoop you might want to put this on because this shoe amasses some great features to enhance your fun. It ensures breathability, support and stretchiness and helps you play with great comfort. It’s made of synthetic and comes with rubber sole.
The external heel counter and internal shank are the sources of stability and support. You can find the super innovative bear-trap lacing system in it which easily connects to the tongue for a tight and locked-in fit and doesn’t require you to tie it multiple times. Achilles pillow offers additional padding which exudes comfort around the heel. Another great feature is the Die-cut, anti-microbial OrthoLite sock liner which provides support around the ankle. It also comes with a herringbone traction pattern which is a plus.
- Comfortable at its best.
- Provides plenty of support around the ankle.
- Super adjustable and breathable.
- Herringbone traction pattern tones down the possibility of slipping.
- Most of the buyers are satisfied because it breaks-in easily.
- Ensures good performance.
- The traction isn’t good for dusty court and requires wiping off several times.
- Not a good option for indoor use.
- Ankle collar quality is poor.
- Some users complain that the forefoot section scrapes after a few games.
- Some said it’s narrower than they expected.
NIKE Lebron XIV Basketball Shoes
Nike never ceases to amaze when it comes to stylish sports goodies. This time they made no exception with their Lebron XIV Men’s basketball shoe. You can feel like a pro on the court with this on. The materials include mesh and foam overlays; however, some colorways use leather details.
It comes with a full inner sleeve that provides a super cozy sock-like fit. It weighs 14.9 oz, nevertheless feels super light and comfortable on your feet. Rubber soles are of a paramount quality which wouldn’t let you tip over on the court. The flexible strap is the source of stability and support. Another unique edition would be their heel padding system with comfortable cushioning which would keep your feet secure. This also comes with lace closure to rid you of the hassle of tying laces again and again.
- The high-quality material ensures comfort and flexibility.
- The mesh provides great support to the forefoot section.
- A lot of users appreciate the breathability.
- Fits very well.
- Doesn’t need any break-in period, unlike most shoes.
- Super durable, the outsole rubber is great for both indoor and outdoor courts.
- Protects you from impact.
- Weight disperses everywhere around your feet.
- Cool color combination.
- Doesn’t provide enough ankle support.
- Some users complained that it runs big.
- A little bit of Expensive
- Shoelace needs to be tightened so that it wouldn’t come off.
- The outsole doesn’t work well on the dusty court. You need to wipe it off while playing several times.
- Many users said the shoe needs an outrigger in the outsole for more stability.
Nike Men’s Hyperdunk 2017 Basketball Shoes
Nike has come up with their 2017 edition Hyperdunk Basketball Shoes ( wich considered one of the best basketball shoes for wide feet ) to add a little more fun to your game. You being worried about your wide feet is not an issue here because this shoe guarantees you utmost comfort with eye-catchy style. It comes with soft, snuggly and springy cushion to let you play with ease. Material is made of suede to give you a velvety feel.
It has half inner sleeve which gives you a comfortable sock-like fit. It also has Phylon midsole and rubber outsole to give you a smooth move on the court. You cannot go wrong with textile upper half with unsew overlays. Despite having a typical lacing system, it gives your feet a locked-in feel. It also features molded heel.
- True to size.
- Doesn’t need any break-in period.
- Lightweight and supportive.
- Can be used for other sports and activities.
- Promises stability.
- Some buyers loved the thin offset from the forefoot to the heel.
- Super stylish.
- Some users cited it doesn’t provide enough ankle support.
- The midsole is a little stiff which causes your feet to hurt.
- It’s not durable enough, might scuff after a couple of use.
- Some users are dissatisfied with the poor quality paint used on the swoosh.
ANTA Light Men’s Basketball Shoe Training Sneaker
ANTA Light Men’s Basketball Sneakers are here to surprise you with the impeccable features you look for while purchasing sports shoes. Synthetic knitted upper and soft mesh with side strip overlays and ANTA logo; this shoe will garner your attention easily.
It also comes with a synthetic sole, padded collar and tongue, mesh fabric side panels and mesh lining. Rubber and EVA outsole helps your stride on the court with smoothness and insole provides plenty of comforts. It also includes cooling micro-perforation to ensure a great deal of comfort and support for your feet.
- Super light and comfy; You can wear it as a casual sneaker.
- Great value for money.
- Herringbone traction pattern ensures buttery smooth move on any surface. It doesn’t collect a lot of dust either.
- Soft mesh exudes breathability.
- Works well for training, weightlifting and other exercises.
- Many testers praised for being true to size. It also leaves enough room for toes.
- Durability guaranteed.
- Super cool midsole setup.
- Some users mentioned that it’s easy to put on and take off.
- Doesn’t need any break-in phase.
- Comes in cool vibrant colorways.
- Some reviewers said it’s even better than Nike.
- Some users expressed their frustration saying that the material is cheap and scraps after rough play.
- The midsole doesn’t provide enough impact protection.
- Doesn’t give enough coverage for heavy feet.
- Many reviewers said they don’t like the snakeskin design on the upper of the black colorway.
- Doesn’t provide ample support for the ankle.
Adidas Men’s Dame 3 Basketball Shoe
Another gem from Adidas is their Men’s Dame 3 Basketball shoe which you want to stock up on for your next big match. Adorned with unique features this shoe pays homage to American professional basketball player Damian Lillard’s childhood on the court. You can prep yourself up to be the next Damian Lillard with this on. You can expect bouncy cushioning and blade traction setup from this cool footwear.
It also comes with a super breathable mesh upper alongside bootee construction to keep your feet secure. Super durable Fusedmesh textile and synthetic texture are very stretchable and supportive. Adjustable lacing pattern ensures a customizable fit. It also features high tongue and collar, breathable textile lining and rubber outsoles. Overall this shoe is designed to help you rock the court like a champ.
- You can keep wearing it all day because of the lightweight and comfort.
- The upper setup with multiple lacing holes helps you adjust the fit.
- Users loved it for the bounce cushioning.
- Affordable yet extra stylish.
- Breathability quality is superb.
- Easy to wear, great support.
- Traction works pretty well on semi dusty court.
- A lot of users complaint it’s narrower than the expected size.
- Feels heavy on your feet.
- Several users faced heel slippage.
- Needs more break-in time compared to other basketball shoes for wide feet.
- Ankle support is not adequate.
LI-NING Sonic Ⅵ Series CJ McCollum Men Professional Basketball Shoes
Chinese brand Li-Ning has been well-known for endorsing professional athletes both in China and all over the world. Very recently they launched their VI Series Basketball Sneakers endorsed American professional basketball player CJ McCollum. And if you deem yourself to be an athlete, you might want to grab this for your closet not just because it’s a CJ McCollum signature shoes; but for its paramount features as well.
The upper material of this stellar shoe consists of textile, cattle split layer leather and TPU. EVA rubber outsole guarantees non-slippage. The extra-ordinary Li-Ning Cloud cushion technology protects from the external impact which leads this shoe to be one of the safest footwear. One more reason this is one of the safest sneakers is a high-top pattern which protects your ankle from any possible injury. Anti-collision toe design prevents toe-drag. Sock-liner design provides ample comfort and support. It also features a stylish pattern in the tongue. Furthermore, the legend McCollum himself scored a few baskets wearing this. Given this, you shouldn’t have any doubt regarding the awesomeness of these sneakers.
- Material is super breathable and comfortable.
- Rubber outsole has a great grip on the court. It’s super smooth yet non-slippery.
- The cloud cushioning pattern is designed to provide your feet with all the support they need.
- TPU vouches for anti-torsion and stability.
- Users said it’s true to size.
- Gives a great snug fit around the ankle allowing you to run like an antelope.
- Many reviewers stated that you can wear it for a long day.
- The pull belt-in heel is easy to put on and take off.
- Some users applauded it saying the material is one of a kind.
- Stylish at its best, lightweight.
- Some testers said they didn’t find it enough supportive around the ankle.
- Not durable enough might break off after a couple of games.
- It isn’t multifunctional at all.
- Doesn’t offer variety in color
Adidas NEO Men’s CF Executor Mid Basketball-Shoes
To make you groove through the court, one o the best basketball shoes for wide feet is Adidas Neo Men’s CF Executor Mid Basketball Shoes. Material is the combination of textile and synthetic to yield maximum comfort. The superior quality mesh upper ensures ventilation so you don’t have to worry about stiffness anymore. It also has cloudfoam cushioning pattern just like Ilation.
Their unique lace-up design gives you lock-in feel. It also features textile lining, foam midsole and rubber outsole. You would be left in complete awe with their synthetic heel pattern which would help you perform better and boost more confidence. It has some more features like padded collar tongue and supreme quality insole. These are also known as street-tech style meaning you can use these babies for casual wear as well.
- Cloudfoam cushioning is the ultimate source of breathability.
- Super comfortable.
- Users liked it because of being lightweight and supportive.
- Lace-up closure provides ample ankle and arch support.
- Many reviewers recommended this because it’s long-lasting.
- Cool and bright colorways. Even women are opting for these shoes because of the super vibrant color it offers.
- Affordable compared to other Adidas sneakers.
- Some people termed it as “Fine workmanship”.
- Gives you a great grip on the court.
- Fits very well.
- Perfect for the gym and even everyday use.
- According to some users, mesh overlay feels breezy on their feet.
- Some users complained about the shoe scuffed after using it multiple times.
- Some said Adidas stripe on the shoe wore off after a while.
- Mesh quality is poor compared to other sneakers of Adidas.
- Shoelace might come off after rough use.
Best Basketball Shoes For Wide Feet: The Buying Guide
Basketball is always fun; be it indoor or outdoor. You can break a sweat on the court with your kids or friends for the ultimate refreshment and amusement. Although, your performance, energy and confidence highly depend on your attire; most importantly footwear. You can plenty of stylish and comfortable basketball sneakers in the market, but if you are a person with wide feet you have to be extra careful. Had the shoe been slightly discomforting, there goes your chance of winning the game. However, sports goodies manufacturers have launched various footwear in favor of people with wide feet. Nonetheless, you have to determine some aspects before you get your hands on your desired footwear.
It is needless to say that material is the most important feature you need to consider before you purchase the shoe. Good material ensures proper breathability, comfort, ventilation and durability. You don’t want to waste your money on cheap replicas that perhaps is going to fray after a couple of use. Flexible knitted/woven material used for wide feet basketball shoe adjusts well with your feet, stretch and allows your feet to breathe properly. While non-flexible synthetic material feels comparatively less comfortable and might result in stiffness and suffocation. However, keep in mind that flexible knitted or woven materials aren’t durable enough. Since they tend to stretch, they are not really an ideal choice if you are looking for something long-lasting.
If you have wider feet, you must be looking for the shoes which fit perfectly. Your game performance is so very pertinent to this feature. Your footwear shouldn’t be too stiff or too loose but perfect for your feet. Usually, Adidas offers shoes with the widest size, Under Armour is the second-best in this regards. However, if you have unusually large feet, you should not go for Nike because their sneakers are comparatively narrow.
The insole pattern of the shoe is another important thing you need to check before you make the purchase. It ups your speed game while distributing weight and force throughout the entire feet. It also provides impact-resistance and instant bounce to your feet. Adidas’s energy booster insole shifts the force to agility whilst Nike’s Zoom Air yields more responsiveness. And then there is Under Armour’s charged cushioning which is an amazing source of shock absorption.
Outer sole & traction pattern
These are one of the vital features you need to know before buying a shoe for wide feet. Stability, support and movement largely depend on these very features. The thicker the outer sole, the more stable they are. On the other hand, the thickness may impede your maneuverability. However, the traction pattern improves your performance and increases mobility. It helps you stick on the dusty court for hours without you tipping over. It’s safe and helps you take complete control of your movement. Thus it reduces the possibility of common injuries like ankle twisting, toe dragging. A high-quality outsole also minimizes the possibility of you getting tired before the game is over. Most of the brands come with traction pattern, so it’s your take which one you would go for.
Shoes that include the mesh in the upper portion are good for your feet since they let your feet breath releasing heat your body produces. On the other hand, there are some shoes which have padding that locks the heat resulting you feeling irked and suffocated. So it’s imperative to look for shoes with breathability.
Being a person with wide feet, you need shoes that come with enough arch and ankle support. Your mobility and maneuverability goes hand in hand with the support your shoes provide. If you really want that support for your ankle; go for high-top shoes rather than low/ mid-cut patterns because high-top designs reduce joint movement and provide plenty of support for your arch and ankle.
Shoe lining pattern
Despite being a lesser important and talked about feature, shoe lining also needs to be considered. It determines the shape of your feet to give you a custom fit. So if you want to customize the size, this feature might come in handy.
Style and quality
It’s important to look cool and suave on the basketball court just like your favorite player. Given this, sports goodies manufacturers are producing hundreds of stylish sneakers for you to choose from. However, apart from style, you have to be concerned about the quality since your prospect of excelling at the game depends on the quality of your footwear. In fact, quality is more important than style. Your sportswear needs to provide support, breathability, durability and flexibility for your better performance. If your desired brand doesn’t cater you with these features, you need to snub it off; even if your favorite basketball player endorsed it once. As previously suggested, most of the branded shoes guarantee all these features yet some might lack in few must-needed quality. In that case, you need to reconsider your decision because you don’t want to sacrifice your possibility of acing the game just to meet the cravings for stylish and branded shoes. Remember you should always prefer quality to look when it comes to sportswear.
Last but not least, you need to consider what type of player you are one the court while choosing a perfect shoe. You can be a power player or a fast player or an all-around player. Note that all shoes are not going to suit the way you play. Hence it’s important to determine.
The Benefits of Basketball Shoes For Wide Feet
You can never underestimate the power of a perfect pair of shoes. And when it comes to sports like Basketball, the right pair of shoes can be ten times more benefitting than you surmise. Shoes for wide feet are no exception in this regard. So before you go for the perfect shoe, you should know what kind of advantages a good pair of basketball sneakers have.
- It ensures the exact amount of comfort you need on the court.
- It develops your footwork movement which is crucial when you are playing.
- The breathability of the shoe enhances your game skill.
- Perfectly designed traction pattern helps you improve your dribbling skill.
- The more developed the cushioning pattern is, the more shock absorption capacity the shoe possesses. Thus it minimizes the risk of possible injuries during the aggressive game.
- Sturdy ankle support protects your muscle and prevents it from twisting and sliding.
- It makes you look cool and nonchalant.
- It gives a nudge to your confidence level, thus makes you feel more energetic and positive.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Consumers, mostly people with comparatively wider feet face severe dilemmas while choosing their perfect basketball sneaker. As a result, we discern some frequently asked questions the customer when they purchase basketball shoes.
Is this 100 % leather?
Can people with flat feet wear this?
Ans: They can.
How high is the sole in the shoes?
Ans: Around 2 inches.
Does the traction have a good grip on the dusty court?
How heavy are they?
Ans: They are light.
Are they comfortable for jogging?
Ans: Depends on how long you use it for.
Are these shoes big in the toe-box?
Ans: No they are normal fit.
Do they provide ankle support?
Ans: Yes they do.
Can the insole be removed?
Ans: The insoles are glued but yes, they can be removed.
How does the size work?
Ans: It’s very comfortable.
Are these leather high-tops?
Ans: Yes they are.
Do these shoes scrape?
Ans: Yes if you use them for an intense game for a couple of times.
Does it come with the tags?
Ans: Yes original tags and shoe box.
100% original? Or a replica?
Ans: 100 % authentic shoes.
Are they good for wider feet?
Ans: Yes they are.
Is the traction good?
Ans: Yes it is.
Does it feel stiff around the ankle?
Does the shoe have lots of traction like a normal basketball shoe?
How soft is the cushion?
Ans: It’s not too soft, not too rugged either.
Does it run wide or small?
Ans: Neither wide nor small, but just the perfect size.
Are they true to size?
Ans: Yes they fit very well.
Does it give instant bounce?
Are the shoes breathable?
Ans: Yes they are. These are perfect for summer.
What are the good shoes for wide feet?
Ans: There are several good brands but Under Armor, Nike Hyperdunk And Nike Lebron are noteworthy.
Basketball is not just considered as a fun and refreshing game, it’s one of the healthiest forms of exercise. It benefits in you many ways from strengthening your muscle, enhancing your agility, teaching you to get a grip on balance, giving you a smooth movement to jazzing up your confidence. So you shouldn’t restrain yourself from enjoying the fun and benefit just because you fear you cannot find a perfect pair of shoes for wider feet. You definitely can find the perfect shoe with the aforementioned qualities for your convenience. And with the right shoes on, you are unstoppable on the court. The right shoe is multifaceted and will speed up your comfort, confidence and energy level when you play. It also amps up your look and personality. So check and recheck the features of your desired best basketball shoes for wide feet before you are going to be trailblazing through the court as your favorite superstar and don’t forget to share your experience with us